Isa 58:6 (ESV) – “Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke?
1 Cor 6:19-20 (NLV) – Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
Click Below for our 2017 Affirmations and Declarations for this prayer and fasting time.
Daniel Fast – The Daniel Fast is a biblically based partial fast
Foods to include in your diet during the Daniel Fast
▪ All fruits. These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Fruits include but are not limited to apples, apricots, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, cantaloupe, cherries, cranberries, figs, grapefruit, grapes, guava, honeydew melon, kiwi, lemons, limes, mangoes, nectarines, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, prunes, raisins, raspberries, strawberries, tangelos, tangerines, watermelon
▪ All vegetables. These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Vegetables include but are not limited to artichokes, asparagus, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chili peppers, collard greens, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, ginger root, kale, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, mustard greens, okra, onions, parsley, potatoes, radishes, rutabagas, scallions, spinach, sprouts, squashes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, turnips, watercress, yams, zucchini, veggie burgers are an option if you are not allergic to soy.
▪ All whole grains, including but not limited to whole wheat, brown rice, millet, quinoa, oats, barley, grits, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat tortillas, rice cakes and popcorn.
▪ All nuts and seeds, including but not limited to sunflower seeds, cashews, peanuts, sesame. Also nut butters including peanut butter.
▪ All legumes. These can be canned or dried. Legumes include but are not limited to dried beans, pinto beans, split peas, lentils, black eyed peas, kidney beans, black beans, cannellini beans, white beans.
▪ All quality oils including but not limited to olive, canola, grape seed, peanut, and sesame.
▪ Beverages: spring water, distilled water or other pure waters.
▪ Other: tofu, soy products, vinegar, seasonings, salt, herbs and spices.
▪ Foods to avoid on the Daniel Fast
▪ All meat and animal products including but not limited to beef, lamb, pork, poultry, and fish.
▪ All dairy products including but not limited to milk, cheese, cream, butter, and eggs.
▪ All sweeteners, including but not limited to sugar, raw sugar, honey, syrups, molasses, and cane juice.
▪ All leavened bread including Ezekiel Bread (it contains yeast and honey) and baked goods.
▪ All refined and processed food products including but not limited to artificial flavorings, food additives, chemicals, white rice, white flour, and foods that contain artificial preservatives.
▪ All deep fried foods including but not limited to potato chips, French fries, corn chips.
▪ All solid fats including shortening, margarine, lard and foods high in fat.
▪ Beverages including but not limited to coffee, tea, herbal teas, carbonated beverages, energy drinks, and alcohol.
Dawn to Dusk Fast – This fast takes place from 6am till 6pm. Basically it’s fasting till dinner time using the Daniel Fast guidelines or the Complete Fast guidelines. The dinner meal is eaten in moderation, avoiding all sugars
Complete Fast – This fast is strictly done drinking water and juicing. This is to be done only after prayerfully considering & in some cases, checking with your doctor.
Media/Entertainment Fast – This fast is choosing to give up non-work media/entertainment. This includes reading materials. Remember, you are making room for God. It’s a great time to pick up a book on fasting! You may want to include forgoing all sugar products on this fast.
*You may want to consider doing a variation of fasting from this list. Maybe one day do a Complete Fast, then move to the Dawn to Dusk fast for a couple days and finish out on the Daniel Fast. Fasting Media/Entertainment for all or part of this fast is highly recommended in order to guard against distractions during this time. Give your best to God and be comfortable with what you choose. This is your time to draw closer to Him!
As you progress through the next couple of weeks, know that you will be tempted to quit. But remember, it is by His strength we can stand in the position as “more than conquerors”. Heb 10:35-36 (NLT) says “So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised”. Trust God to strengthen you on this journey.
Social Widgets powered by AB-WebLog.com.